Jumat, 06 November 2009
Pwnage 2.1 and QuickPwn tools have been circulating on the internet, Mac users can create a custom ipsw firmware 2.1 and had iPhone OWN. For Windows users, without WinPwn or QuickPwn for Windows, you can not upgrade the iPhone firmware to version 2.1 unless you use a provider AT & T and does not require activation or unlocking.
If it does not require unlocking you can even upgrade to the last firmware version 2.2 via iTunes easily. For Mac users how to upgrade to 2.1 see here. But do not worry, there are ways you can do to upgrade the firmware to 2.1. Namely by using a custom ipsw firmware 2.1 that has been "made" and has unlocked to providers other than AT & T. 2.1 custom firmware can be used for iPhone 2G and 3G and can be downloaded by Torent at some sites. Pwnage Tool allows you to 1) create a custom ipsw firmware to be broken apps, and 2) to OWN your iPhone that can be used with GSM providers other than AT & T. Because the custom ipsw been made by the MAC user then you live install to get the iPhone to firmware 2.1.
1. Download custom ipsw firmware version 2.1 for iPhone 2G or 3G.
2. Connect iPhone to a computer using a USB cable.
3. Upgrade to iTunes 8.
4. Ignore the message from iTunes to your iPhone firmware upgrade.
5. Sync your iPhone to backup data on your iPhone before upgrading (contacts, music ... etc).
6. Log into DFU mode by pressing the Power and Home button for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds, off the Power button and keep pressing the Home button for 10-20 seconds until your computer detects the USB devices (maybe you will see a message pop up "DFU device" or "recovery device"). After Windows detects the iPhone in DFU state you can release the Home button. IPhone screen during inactivity DFU conditions.
7. iTunes will detect your iPhone in DFU conditions and prompts you to perform restore.
8. Press the Shift key on the computer and click the Restore button in iTunes.
9. Browse custom ipsw firmware version 2.1 which was downloaded and installed to the iPhone.
10. After the above process is complete your iPhone will be installed firmware 2.1.